Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Pete Barbutti

Video Find of the Day

Pete Barbutti was born in 1934 in Scranton, PA. He was doing stand-up in Seattle in the Fifties (? or early Sixties) when he got a big break from Steve Allen. He still works Las vegas from what I can tell. Recently he appeared as himself along with loads of other comedians in Goodnight, We Love You, a movie about Phyllis Diller. I can't do stand-up but I have a lot of respect for people who can. Barbutti is one of my early favorites. Here he is on his final Carson appearance, when Johnny Carson was retiring.



He also plays piano, well, but uses it mostly for comedy. He's especially known for playing the piano with his nose, and with a broom. I couldn't find videos of those, but here's something along the same line.

No comments: