Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Skyler

When I decided to do the City Hall camp-out (the second one Real Change organized) I figured I'd need sleeping gear. To me, sleeping gear means mat, sleeping bag, extra blankies, pajamas, and a teddy bear, or similar item. I've had a down sleeping bag since 1979. Mat, since last homeless bout. Extra blankies, always. Pajamas, a problem. I like to sleep nekkid, usually. So I went to the Goodwill outlet store in Sodo and looked for suitable PJs. I wanted PJs with a pig motif. Not finding any, I settled for sweats.

Then, on the way out, I spotted a giant plush toy in the form of a skunk. I picked him up and found him truly plush. I knew immediately that he would be my teddy bear alternative. He was so big, he could even double as an extra blanky.

Photo of me with Skyler by Danina Garcia, Photoshopped by me to bring out Skyler's face.

No comments: