Friday, July 27, 2007

Technorati Sucks, Week 18

Readers of my other blog, Adventures in Bloggery, where I have been posting my Real Change Adventures in Irony column, may have noticed that the latest column hasn't been posted yet. The reason it hasn't been posted is that Blogger's damn spam-detecting robot thought it saw something about the blog that meant it might be a spam blog. So I had to send a message to Blogger to start in motion a process of having one of their humans read the blog and verify what you and I know quite well, that it's not spam. This is taking time, and I am getting peeved.

My first reaction, in fact, when all this happened, was to think, "Oh no, Blogger is now turning out to suck just like Technorati." Then I realized that I was overreacting. It's only been one day. I'm sure Blogger will come through.

Why am I sure? I'm sure because I know that Blogger, which is run by Google, HAS humans, somewhere, in charge of their business.

Which brings me to today's point. The robots have taken over at Technorati! That's why they suck so much! The robots are in control! THE ROBOTS ARE IN CONTROL!

Someone call Homeland Security. Don't you see? It's obvious! Sometimes they do what they're supposed to do, allaying suspicions. BUT OTHER TIMES, LIKE WITH THIS BLOG, THEY BREAK THEIR PROGRAMMING, AND RUN AMOK!

[Pictures: Above, one of Rossum's Universal Robots, from the Karel Capek play R.U.R.; Below, January 1931 cover of Astounding Magazine, art by Hans Waldeman Wessolowski AKA "Wesso" (1893-1947)]


Technorati is run by robots; robots suck; therefore Technorati sucks.

No comments: