Monday, July 9, 2007

Burlesque

Video Find of the Day
(for my 58th birthday!)

Here's a promotional video for Starshine Burlesque, a weekly burlesque show in the East Village of Manhattan.

I like all kinds of burlesque. Literary burlesque, comic burlesque, barefoot burlesque, fancy dress burlesque. My favorite burlesque has to do very much with the pig bladders, but I won't try to describe how that is, now.

Anyway, burlesque, it been very good to me. Therefore, I be very good to burlesque. So, if you have $5 and you are ever in the East Village on a Thursday night around 10 pm, give it to these people, so they keep doing this.

Or, send them $5 right now, in the mail. Starshine Burlesque, 332 East 11th St., New York, NY, 10003. I will never be paid for saying that.



If you liked that, here's a half-hour vlogger's post with interviews of the people responsible for Starshine and some more snips of performances. And don't forget to check out the other offerings of burlyQ, who provided the video above, including the complete video of GiGi LaFemme's Star Wars act.

No comments: