Monday, July 16, 2007

Throat Singer

Video Find of the Day

Being Xenomanic, I'm often in the position of being blown away by something just because I've never seen anything like it before, because I want to be, and I go out of my way to make that happen. Then, people who know much better about what I've seen say, "you fool, that was just a beginner, you haven't seen anything good yet."

Since this guy says that scientists have identified 12 kinds of throat-singing, and he, a student, only does 6 of them, I'm inclined to think that's what's going on here. I can't wait to find the video of the guy who does all 12!

By the way, Ulaan Bataar is my favorite name of a city to drop into my writing in order to have specifically named a city, when the specific naming of a city is called for, for comic effect. I recall a documentary that claimed that the majority of the city's residents at any given time are just passing through. Even the city is nomadic.

No comments: