Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pretty Woman, Hindi style

Video Find of the Day

Recently YouTube has begun to recommend videos to logged in users on its home page. So based on my history of video viewing, which they have preserved for all time in a crypt in a sub-sub-basement of their San Bruno CA headquarters, third drawer from the right, they tell me what else I'd like to see. For some reason I cannot fathom, they have recommended to me a lot of videos involving naked people of both sexes in, or stepping out of, showers. Probably a mistake. But they have got some things right.

I had never heard of the 2003 Bollywood movie Kal Ho Naa Ho. The Wikipedia article says though that it "grossed over Rs 600 million worldwide, becoming the top grossing Bollywood Film Worldwide, second top-grossing movie in India, as well as the top-grossing Bollywood film in the overseas market that year." So maybe I should have heard of it, for that reason.

But I'm really surprised I did not know that this scene from the film existed. O Lordy. Can you count the cultural cross-overs? I lost track.

Pretty Woman (Kal Ho Na Ho) "With Eng Subs" [Sung by Shankar Mahadevan behind actor Shahrukh Khan.]

No comments: