Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Low-Impact Dance

Video Find of the Day

The past 8 months I've been dealing with the onset of osteoarthritis. It was totally expected since my Mother had it. It really has been annoying, because I like to dance. I'm not a great dancer, but I make up for my lack of talent by means of an extraordinary disregard for the need of it. Still, even when dancing badly, it helps to not hurt.

One solution I am working on is testing the 1949 work of William Kaufman, MD. He discovered that taking megadoses of niacinimide helps some kinds of arthritis. He recommended spread out doses adding up to as much as 4000 mgs per day. I've been trying it. Even at only 1000 mg per day I've had incredible relief. It took two weeks. I'm now able to get out of a chair by my legs alone, without assist from my arms, something I couldn't do a month ago.

The other solution I'm looking into is low-impact dancing. I found these two examples, which feature the same dancers.

Renaissance Dance - Branle du Chandelier



Renaissance Dance - Parsons Farewell



Ha! I could do that!

No comments: