Wednesday, September 19, 2007

French Sea Chantey

Anyone glancing at the list of Video Finds of the Day that I've posted here could easily get the impression that there is no sort of music I detest. This is not the case. Anitra, my sweetheart, likes a kind of over-produced, slick sea chantey, or shanty, however you want to spell it, that I call, "diddling in my ears," and do not enjoy. So she will look for sea chanteys that she thinks I might like and tries them out on me. If Wes likes it, it goes on her "Wes likes it" list. If Wes tolerates it, it goes on her "Wes doesn't utterly hate it list."

It occurs to me that I can preempt some of this experimentation upon me by posting videos that I have found on my own that fall in the "Wes likes it category."

Here's one. It helps to not understand the language it's sung in, for example.

NexTradition Sings at the South St. Seaport Museum in NYC

No comments: