Saturday, August 25, 2007

Great Sentence

Because I write those humor column thingies for Real Change, the ones called Adventures in Irony, which I have been posting over at that other blog, I constantly read news items about various subjects, but especially about homeless people and homelessness. My main hope is to find something outrageous to rant about but sometimes I find other sorts of gems hidden in the rough.

Today's rough was an article in the San Francisco Chronicle titled Children who survive urban warfare suffer from PTSD, too. The gem is this sentence:

"The F-word flew smoothly out of Tierra's mouth as if it had been there before, which it had."

I want it known, here and now, that, if you ever see me writing a sentence like that, it was totally intentional. Oh yes, I write humor, oh yes.

No comments: