Saturday, August 18, 2007

Donovan

Video Find of the Day

I wanted to find a video apropos Seattle's Hempfest, which is happening this weekend. My first thought was to find something to do with the Grateful Dead, whose band has come to symbolize pot consumption to such a degree that most people use the terms Dead Head and pot-head interchangeably.

By the way, if you want to hear some Grateful Dead, a good place to go is the Internet Archive's Grateful Dead Collection, which archives over 2800 audio files of Grateful Dead concerts.

I was listening to one of those audio files, a live recording of a 1973 concert, and I realized that however much the Dead may be associated with pot for other people, the connection doesn't work for me. There's too much Blue Grass in it, not enough of the other kind. So I cast about in my memory and on YouTube, for a better fit.

I remembered Donovan. I then found out Donovan, who is old now, remembers Donovan, too!

Sunshine Superman

No comments: