Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mittelalter-Rock

Before I get to the Video Find of the Day, I want to talk about how much I love Richka. Richka is a website I discovered years ago which features a ton of music of the former Soviet Republics and links to a Renaissance period music site and an Andes music site. Most of the music is in the Real Audio format, so it stays on the site, but with an internet connection you can access it on demand.

Here are some of my favorite RAM files on Richka and sister sites:

From Richka itself:
Kalinka (Red Army Chorus)
Polyushka Polye(Song of the Plains)
Song of the Volga Boatmen
Unharness the Horses, Lads

From the Andean music site:
El Condor Pasa
Bayon de Madrid (not really Andean -- from Paraguay!)

From the Renaissance music site:
E La Don Don
VĂ©same y abrĂ came
An Italian Rant

My favorite of all:
J'ai vu le loup (I Saw the Wolf)

Which brings us to the Daily Video Find. You start with a beautiful devotional, pious, Renaissance Christian song, and this is what happens when you release a German metal band on it. "I Saw Da Wolf" Mittelalter-Rockischer style.

In Extremo -07- Ai Vis A Lo Lop (Live)

No comments: