Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Rockin' Goddess

Video Finds of the Day

I have a new game. I pick a YouTube video at random. If I like it, game over, I win. If I don't like it I look at the "related video" that is exactly fifth on the list of related videos for that one. If I like it, game over, I win. If I don't like it I repeat the previous step. And so on. Eventually I must either win or eternity must pass and I lose.

I defeated eternity this time by landing on a video that had to do with Iansã, a goddess of interest to Candomblé, an Afro-Brazilian faith. She is the goddess of winds, hurricanes and tempests, says the Wikipedia article."She lives at the gate of the graveyard, and has dominion over the realm of the Dead. Her name in English means mother of nine (children)."

The videos I landed on by means of totally random thrashing about show that religions revolving around possessions of worshippers by minor deities rock.

Iansã



Maria Bethânia - "Ponto de Iansã" (1972)



LECI BRANDAO CANTA PRA OYA (IANSA)

No comments: