Thursday, May 10, 2007

My First Christmas

I was 5 and a half months old for my first Christmas. I have a very clear memory from it. At the time I was generally put to sleep after dark in a crib in my parents room. One night my Father came to get me and set me down on the floor of the living room with the lights out. So I was crawling around in the dark. Then my Mother plugged the Christmas tree in. They had set it up when I was in their room, so I'd never seen it before. I'd never seen a lit up Christmas tree before. The resulting look of amazement was recorded on film by my Father. I had actually been set down directly under the tree so the lights were all above me. I remember dazzling tree over me, followed by a blinding flash, and loads of laughter.


Later my Dad would admit that he had read about setting up such a shot with your baby in one of his photography magazines. It hadn't been entirely his own idea. This was supposed to prove that he was a hack. The lesson I took from it is, you can get good ideas from magazines.

Here's a happy moment from that time.

No comments: