Monday, April 28, 2008

Big Poppa E

Video Find of the Day

Then there's slam poetry. It's all about the judges, but chances are, you don't know the judges. So, it's all about the crowd, and you pray the judges follow the crowd, and you haven't got the three stuck up elitists in the room who will always do the opposite of whatever the masses would do. Watch this guy work the crowd. Also note that he is reading from his book. That pleases me. I could never perform poetry without reading from the page. I get a bad memory when I'm in front of a hundred or more strangers.

Big Poppa E - Falling In Like (Seattle Poetry Slam)



I'm tacking on this next one because I like the opening and I like what he has to say about people like me who like smooth peanut butter.

Big Poppa E - Ode to a Dwarf Planet (Omaha Poetry Slam)

No comments: