Thursday, March 29, 2007

Joke Told on a Bus

Anitra and I were at the back of a bus downtown. I was telling her some stuff I saw on the Onion News Network that was funny. A Native American woman overheard us laughing about "Immigrants, the Human Cost" and after a few blocks, offered to tell a joke of her own, which went something like this:

A White Woman was fishing in a stream and having no luck. Then an Indian Woman sat down at her right and started fishing, and immediately hooked a big fish. She struggled and struggled with it and finally landed it.

The next day, the White Woman was fishing, and having no luck. The same Indian Woman sat down on her left, and immediately hooked a huge fish. She struggled and struggled and finally hauled it in.

The White Woman was amazed. She said to the Indian Woman, "You always catch a big fish, and I catch nothing. What's your secret?"

The Indian Woman said, "You took our land, you took our trees, you took away our languages, now you want our secrets? Oh, all right."

She went on, "When I wake up in the morning, I always look at my husband's cock. If it leans to the right, I go to the right when I come to fish, and I always catch a big one."

"But if my husband's cock leans to the left, I go to the left, because that's where the big fish will be."

The White Woman thought about that. Then she said, "But what if your husband's cock is straight up? What do you do then?"

The Indian Woman said, "Oh, on days like that, I don't go fishing."

No comments: