Friday, October 19, 2007

Corrections

One of the reasons I am trying to hurry my memoirs onto this blog is that I'm 58 and feel my memory failing. I want to get everything down before I've forgotten it. I also want to have a tentative version in print that I can go back over and edit and revise as I think of things I left out, or catch mistakes. I'm using not only my memory to write these things but also media accounts of the period (to jog the memory and also place times) and the little bit of documentation I managed to save over the years. my intention is to change the original posts when i find an error, but alert the readers who care that a change is made.

In I Join A Gang I used my class photo album from first grade to get the size of my first grade class. It occurs to me now that the album included more than one class. That's more in keeping with my memory, which was that the class was big, and bigger than what the room was designed for, but not that big. Until I can nail it down I've just deleted the relevant passage.

While at it, in the previous post, Two From Morocco, I made it ululation, not uvulation. Even though I think uvulation is a fine word for it.

No comments: