Thursday, August 16, 2007

Springsteen

Video Find of the Day

It's a measure of how little I used to pay attention to rock that I first heard of Bruce Springsteen while living in New Jersey during the '79-'80 school year (I was teaching at Rutgers at the time.) Needless to say, he was a GOD in New Jersey by then, so I couldn't have ignored him any longer, unless I lived naked in a cave by the river, eating fried leeches.

That kind of idolization tends to turn me off, though. Whoever the cheerleaders are for, I want to be for someone else, just to spread the cheer around. Nobody that popular needs me rooting for him.

But, with the passage of time, and the ebb and flow of this and that, and whatever, I have to say, I kind of have learned to be fond of the guy. It also doesn't hurt to know that on September 23, he'll be 58 too.

I like it best when he does this kind of stuff.

Springsteen doing Pay me my money down

No comments: